' State of the Art ' Building of Khalsa High School Gujranwala (Pakistan) Established in 1889
Gujranwala Khalsa Educational Council , the Managing Committee of Gujranwala Khalsa Educational Institutions is one of the earliest Sikh societies dedicated to the cause of education. Originally christened as the Khalsa Committee, it was established in the year 1889 in Pakistan. The earliest endeavours of this committee fructified with the establishment of Khalsa High School Gujranwala in Pakistan . Owing to the strenuous efforts of the great visionaries and educationists , associated with the Council , two more schools were also established in the rural areas of the district at Sangla Hill and at Ram Nagar. The primary school opened at Gujranwala blossomed into a High School with a huge building, a huge playground for major games and a hostel .The Hostel was named after Babu Gulab Singh, the founder Hony Secretary of the Sikh Education Conference. For the span of over 50 years, this school functioned as Premier Sikh school in the province of West Punjab (Presently in Pakistan) and attracted the students even from N.W.F. areas.
After partition in 1947, the trustees of Gujranwala Khalsa Educational Council, re-organized themselves and re-established Gujranwala Guru Nanak Khalsa College for Boys in Ludhiana. Owing to the pressing demands and the needs of the Sikh Riots victims of 1984 , who poured in Ludhiana in huge numbers from Delhi and other parts of the country, the G.K.E.C took a commendable step . In order to impart value education to the children of the uprooted families, the Khalsa High School was resurrected as GGN Public School in Ludhiana in January 1985. The school has done great progress since then and presently ranks as one of the most prestigious Sikh Institutions . Presently, the Gujranwala Khalsa Educational Council comprises of a cluster of well-known luminaries, educationists and notable personalities of Ludhiana who are serving the council with utmost sincerity and dedication.